Happy first day of Summer!
Remember back when summertime felt like a unending expanse of time? When days unrolled slowly and each one began with "What do I want to do today?"
Yeah, I don't really remember that either. But this year I feel like I have a ghost of that memory and I don't want to lose it in the busy social calendar that summer can become when you are a grown up with a family and work and responsibilities.
I made a list of things to do this summer that would enhance that feeling of expansive adventure. I'm calling it my Summer Do List. Right now it is written in my notebook, but I bought Ali Edwards' great Summer Manifesto digital kit and am excited to record them in an album as we do them.
Summer Do List, 2012
- Go camping (we did this over Father's Day weekend!)
- Read 2 books each month
- Find a park with shady grass and play there with The Bean a few times (any local folks have suggestions? I haven't found a good spot yet!)
- Go to Happy Hollow with The Bean to see the lemurs and visit the petting zoo.
- Eat in the backyard once a week.
- Regular yoga classes.
- Finish the financial plan project.
- Launch a new blog (!!)
- Pick ollalieberries in June and make jam
- Pick blackberries in August and make jam
- Ride the carousel at the boardwalk with The Bean
- Ride the Roaring Camp train (either down to the beach or up to the mountain)
What are you doing this summer? I'd love to hear about it!