Still no photos happening around here, but there's an "8 random things" game going around on a few blogs I read and I started pondering what random things I could tell you about myself.
1. I really don't like to eat pie (or other desserts) a la mode. Ice cream and cake/pie/etc. should be in different dishes and I hate when the ice cream makes my baked dessert soggy.
2. When I was a kid, we lived for a few years mostly off the grid. We had a power line for some of the years, but not for all of them. We raised animals and grew a good amount of our own food. Since I was fairly young, I had no idea this was an odd way to live. When I started at public school, I found it shocking that most of the other kids didn't live like we did. I kind of felt sorry for them. No goats or chickens at home? Bummer for them. Goats are cool.
3. We lived in several houses when I was young that had yellow kitchens. I remember telling my mom (in high school, probably, when I had little tact) that I hated the color yellow. Couldn't stand it. Couldn't wait to move out of her house so I'd never have to live in a yellow room again. Now I'm seriously considering painting my living room yellow. Sorry, Mom. I hereby apologize for everything mean I said between age 9 and 22.
4. Although I firmly believe that we should know the source of our food and honor it, I have a hard time eating meat with bones in it, such as chicken.
5. I can't sleep if the closet door is open.
6. I really don't like to talk on the phone, which makes it hard to stay in touch with friends and family. I find it hard to communicate comfortably without the feedback of body language and facial expression. I'm working on getting over this, as I really want to be in better touch with people I love and miss.
7. I have a BA in fine art. I regret that it is not a BFA. Someday I'd like to go back to school and earn an MFA.
8. I really and truly hate to exercise, and have to forcibly talk myself into each and every time.
This was harder than I expected it to be. Perhaps I should have asked some friends to tell me 8 random things about me, instead. I'm sure that would be interesting. So tell me - what random things do you associate with me? Tell me some random things about yourself, too.
I read about an "encyclopedia of me" blogging meme that I think I'll try this month, since the photo muse seems to have abandoned me for a while. 26 letters over 31 days, which will give me a few days of padding for when life intervenes.